A shower screen should enhance the overall design and decor of the room. While the functional and practical considerations are always paramount, extensive colour range and flair ensures an aesthetically pleasing result for any bathroom.
Selecting A Shower Screen
Selection of a shower screen needs considerable care. The decision you make will last for many years. As the centrepiece to the ultimate escape, a shower screen should provide the opportunity to relax, to refresh and to prepare for the day ahead or to wind down after a hectic day.
Your shower screen selection falls into four main categories
Either way consider all the facts, your budget and your individual requirements before making your choice. Before making your selection, the following considerations need to be assessed.
- What budget have you allocated for your shower screen?
- What shower area do you have at your disposal?
- Where is the shower screen area in relation to the vanity and/or toilet?
- Where is the shower rose and taps to be situated?
- Do you have a floor plan ready?
- What design do you have in mind?
- What is your preference?
- What technical advice and spare parts will be available for your shower screen in the future?
When purchasing your shower screen, ensure that only the highest quality 6463 polished alloy is used on bright-finish surfaces, such as Bright Silver and Bright Gold. Powder coated alloy should be of the highest quality and be free of imperfections.
Even though some shower screens may appear the same on the exterior, the aluminium wall thickness can vary considerably from one manufacturer to another.