Levels & Tiling
One of the biggest concerns to the installation of a shower screen is the floor and wall levels.
It is very important to ensure the wall is plumb and the floor is level where the shower screen is fitted. If you find that any one of these is out, it can cause major issues when installing a shower screen. A shower screen is designed to be square and level, so is your wall and floor.
As tiling is done prior to the installation of a shower, it is important that the tiling is finished correctly. Sometimes it is difficult to notice at a glance if a tile is sitting up, not flat or running out.
Take a level or a straight edge and place it onto the tiles where the shower screen will be fitted. If there is a problem with the tiles it will show up immediately. Have it fixed now as it is too late after the shower screen is installed.
Advantages of Choosing A Custom Built Shower Screen
Shower screens may seem easy to manufacture and install. A shower screen is actually quite complex and made up of many different parts.
To Ensure A Trouble Free Shower Screen
- The installer will come to your house, consult with, measure up and manufacture a screen to suit your requirements.
- No need to worry about trying to transport the shower screen home without damaging it.
- Warranty on all parts and labour.
Be aware that all Frameless and semi-frameless shower screens require a 3 to 4mm gap between glass to glass, this will cause some water to escape out of the shower.
- Try not to have the shower rose facing the door.
- Keep the taps back at least 120mm in from the front of the shower screen
- Make sure the wall and floors are level before installing the shower screen
- All shower screens should be siliconed from the outside
- Have your shower screen installed by a qualified installer.
- Ensure tile grout is sealed correctly.
- Ensure tiling is done correctly
Care and Maintenance
To keep your shower screen looking good as new, clean your shower screen weekly.
Using a mild detergent and a cloth is all it takes to keep your shower screen clean.
Please note detergents that recommend the use of gloves when handling should be avoided as this is a good indication that the detergent is harsh and, therefore, unsuitable for cleaning your powder coating. (DULUX Care & Maintenance)
A good way of minimising the cleaning time is to apply a glass sealer prior to using the screen.
Enduro Shield is permanent Protective coating for shower screens & all glass services.